The Association aims to:
- Promote the free exchange and dissemination of knowledge, expertise and developments in all areas of Day Surgery to the community.
- Provide opportunities for education for Day Surgery Nurses.
- Encourage recognition for the specialty of Day Surgery Nursing within the Health Industry and communities.
- Cooperate with the nursing and medical professions in the pursuit of Quality Improvement.
- Provide a climate which fosters good fellowship and networking between members.
- Encourage research into all areas of Day Surgery Nursing.
- Develop and recommend Day Surgery Nursing Standards.
- Form links and develop a website to communicate with similar organisations in Australia and overseas.
The success of the Association depends on the continued support of the members, a willingness to participate and develop communication links to benefit all concerned.