What we were really about? Unfortunately due to lack of interest in any member joining the committee we have now been forced to dissolve the association effective immediately on April 4th 2022
We love to meet other like minded day surgery nurses to provide some fun, affordable educational experiences and a great opportunity to network and form strong alliances. If you have never thought about giving something back to the career that has allowed you to spread your wings, grow, change and grow some more; then this association is a great way to do just that. We really can’t do it all on our own and we are struggling a little at the moment to find our balance.
The Association aims to:
- Promote the free exchange and dissemination of knowledge, expertise and developments in all areas of Day Surgery to the community.
- Provide opportunities for education for Day Surgery Nurses.
- Encourage recognition for the specialty of Day Surgery Nursing within the Health Industry and communities.
- Cooperate with the nursing and medical professions in the pursuit of Quality Improvement.
- Provide a climate which fosters good fellowship and networking between members.
- Encourage research into all areas of Day Surgery Nursing.
- Develop and recommend Day Surgery Nursing Standards.
- Form links and develop a website to communicate with similar organisations in Australia and overseas.
The success of the Association depends on the continued support of the members, a willingness to participate and develop communication links to benefit all concerned.